It’s the smile teens have been waiting for! Finally straighten your crooked or crowded teeth without metal or wires!
INVISALIGN Teen® is the new and fantastic addition to the extremely successful INVISALIGN family.
Did you know that Justin Bieber wears INVISALIGN Teen® to straighten his teeth?
INVISALIGN Teen® gives dentists and orthodontists the ability to offer comprehensive orthodontic treatment to their non-adult patients by addressing previous concerns of patient compliance and dentition challenges (erupting 2nd molars) common in teen patients.
With the INVISALIGN Teen®, teenagers get clear, removable aligners that will straighten their teeth without the hassle, discomfort, and embarrassment of traditional braces that will also fit into their busy schedules and give them the ease and flexibility to remove the aligners for sports, music lessons and for meals at school or on the go.
New Enhancements Incorporated Into Invisalign Teen:
Aligners come with embedded compliance indicators that provide a visual cue of patient wear and compliance for the doctor and parents to monitor.
• Aligners can now accommodate for erupting teeth (teeth that are not in yet or partially in) along with specially engineered “eruption tabs” to compensate for erupting second molars.
• A new feature called "Power Ridges" are incorporated into aligners designed to help achieve certain difficult tooth movements.
What Parents Need To Know About INVISALIGN Teen®:
• The compliance indicators located on the upper aligner help you gauge the approximate amount of time your teen spends wearing the product.
• Aligners are most effective when worn 20 to 22 hours per day – and removed only for eating, brushing, and flossing. Each set of aligners is worn for approximately two weeks.
• Lost or broken aligners can be replaced easily in a matter of a few days, in most cases.
• If your child is 18 years old, ask your orthodontist for the most appropriate product to use i.e. the INVISALIGN adult product or INVISALIGN Teen®. Your child may benefit from some features of the INVISALIGN Teen® product even though they may be a candidate for the Invisalign adult product.
• The benefits of INVISALIGN Adult and INVISALIGN Teen® are the same. INVISALIGN Teen® differs from INVISALIGN Adult only by the three new features (listed above) designed specifically for the needs or the type of dentition found in the teen age-group.
• INVISALIGN Teen® requires very little adjustment or maintenance by the doctor. Appointments will be very limited in time and will usually be scheduled every six weeks to check on treatment progress and to provide your child with their next three sets of aligners.
• In the hands of a skilled and experienced practitioner and when worn as instructed, INVISALIGN Teen® can be as effective as traditional braces for many types of treatment. See an orthodontic specialist.
• Since aligners can be removed for eating and brushing teeth, it is much easier to maintain proper oral hygiene than it is with traditional metal braces. It also eliminates other common problems associated with traditional braces such as decalcification of teeth, office visits for broken braces, poking wire emergencies, and the like.